FSL are a provider of specialist investment tax solutions.
FSL has produced and implemented market-leading financial services software since 1994. CGiX, our capital gains calculation and investment tax management product, has achieved best of breed status in the taxation software industry.
FSL has worked with more than 100 organisations across the UK and Europe and provides services to six of the top ten UK wealth management providers*. Our clients include Tier 1 and Tier 2 investment banks, private banks, wealth management firms, specialist tax consultancies and service providers.
FSL prides itself on its operational excellence. Our team leaders are experts in their field, and each have at least 20 years’ experience.
For more information about FSL go to: www.financialsoftware.co.uk
About Thought Train
FSL’s innovation hub, Thought Train, develops product ideas that are presented at FSL strategy meetings. It develops proofs of concept, prototypes and then undertakes market testing.
Thought Train allows FSL the freedom to develop ideas while understanding that some of them will inevitably fail. This guarantees that successful products will uphold FSL’s reputation once they are fully built into a market product that FSL will license, manage and support.
OUR ESG CREDENTIALS
FSL feels very strongly about ESG, not only from a product perspective, but within the organisation itself. FSL works hard to incorporate these values into its everyday business.
FSL has a Green Team to oversee changes and improve the environmental consciousness of our employees.
Our green credentials include:
- We use First Mile for our recycling and its Park Depot has saved more than 125,000kg of CO2
- Our fruit is supplied by Fruit4London, which won the Fleet Environment Award for its electric vehicles.
- Our monitors are all energy-efficient, which means we can save more than £1,110 of power per year when they are turned off, as opposed to leaving them on standby.
- FSL is moving towards being a paperless office.
- Old IT equipment is donated to charity or recycled, which includes hard drives, monitors, keyboards, phones and toner cartridges.
- FSL works with Cyclescheme, a tax-free Cycle to Work provider, to promote the use of non-fossil fuel burning transport and to help with our employee’s fitness and wellbeing.
Since 2014, FSL has worked with the charity Stand by Me, which rescues children from extreme circumstances and provides the love, care and attention they need to thrive.
Over the past six years the partnership has helped to transform the lives of disadvantaged children in Ethiopia and Nepal.
- FSL funded a comprehensively equipped computer classroom at the Bethany School in Bekoji, Ethiopia in 2015.
- In 2018, it adopted the Bethany School in Khairang, Nepal, providing the daily essentials required by children and adding much-needed facilities to the school. For more details on FSL’s partnership with Stand By Me, click here.
FSL supports the mental health and wellbeing of its own staff by training Mental Health First Aiders. They listen and talk to staff; share tips and advice on how to look after their mental health and wellbeing; and share information about specific organisations that can help employees who need further assistance.
- FSL has a Data Protection Officer, who is a specialist in GDPR, tasked with building strong data protection practices within the business.
- FSL recently appointed a Security Officer as part of its ongoing commitment to security. The role is separate from line of business functions to ensure impartiality. The SO is responsible for overseeing the IT, information and data security of the entire organisation, including adherence to protocols, regulations and legal requirements.
- Many of the FSL Executive Team are training to be or are qualified members of the Institute of Directors (IoD). FSL founder and Non-Executive Director David Pirrie is a Chartered Director of the IoD.
- FSL gives anti-money laundering training to all its staff.
- CRB/DBS background checks are undertaken for all staff. This is part of FSL’s due diligence requirements for some of our bank and corporation clients.